0117 325 2470
Know More About An IP CCTV Camera & Security System
We know that the world of CCTV can be a confusing and sometimes scary place, especially when you start throwing in words like internet protocol (IP). We try to make things as simple to understand as possible because we know that most people don’t find CCTV as fascinating as we do….for many people its a necessity not a hobby. So What Is An IP CCTV Camera (in plain English)?
IP stands for Internet Protocol which means an IP CCTV Camera will record your footage and then transmit it over an internet connection so you can record, view and manage your footage from your computer or smartphone. IP CCTV is a fantastic development in CCTV technology as it offers a much more flexible way of managing your footage than traditional analogue camera systems.
An IP camera can be directly connected to your internet router so you can watch the footage over the internet without having to fork out for a Digital Video Recorder which can be quite expensive.
Tip: Click Here to read What Is CCTV?
Some of the other benefits of an IP surveillance camera include:
- Watch your footage from a smartphone.
- Better quality images as they don’t degrade or lose quality by being stored or transferred.They are generally a higher resolution image.
- Easy to use as you can access the network from a web browser on any computer. This means you can use your current computer as the recorder for your footage – no need to buy an expensive DVR!
- You can compress the footage so it can be stored without taking up as much space.
- Record footage whilst playing back/reviewing old footage.
- You can easily add more cameras to the network when you want to scale up your CCTV system.
Here at SpyCameraCCTV we have IP security cameras which can work over a Wi-Fi network which means less cables running to the camera giving away its location! The camera needs to be initially set up using an ethernet cable but once it’s set up you can view it over a Wi-Fi- network. Very handy if you have a caravan or boat that you need to keep an eye on even when you are not there.
What is an Ethernet Cable? This is a cable used to connect a device such as a laptop or PC to an internet modem. This transfers data so the device can be connected to the internet and this is usually the fastest and most reliable way to transfer data.
Did you find this post useful? If you have any questions then please get in touch, we’d love to hear from you. You can leave a comment below, use the contact tab or say hello on our Facebook page.
Check out our Step-by-Step Beginners Guides to CCTV section on our blog for more easy to understand tips and advice.