Green Feathers De Luxe Bird Box WiFi Camera Kit
Our complete WiFi bird box camera kit is all you need to get set up with an advanced HD camera monitoring solution for your garden. This bundle pairs our popular 3rd Gen WiFi camera with our large bird box handmade in the UK. This enabled you to directly watch nesting birds on your smartphone and tablet in HD.
- Bird Box Camera Kit
- Includes everything you need to set up a bird box in your garden and watch the chicks hatch and grow right from your tablet or mobile device
- Watch on Your Smartphone & Tablet
- Using the free app, you can easily watch live or recorded footage of the nesting birds using an iOS or Android device.
- WiFi Camera
- Uses our flagship WiFi camera, that connects to your home's existing wireless internet network
- Deluxe Bird Box
- Includes a hand-crafted birdhouse from Riverside Woodcraft's UK workshop, made from sturdy 21mm thick timber
- Designed for Cameras
- The box features a central mounting point, a removable front for easy access and vents to run cable
- HD Video
- Records pin-sharp video in up to 1080p HD with true to life colour in good light
- Invisible IR
- After dark, the camera uses night vision LEDs to keep recording without disturbing the chicks
- Wide Angle Lens
- 103° field of view captures everything happening inside the box
- MicroSD Card Slot
- Allows you to record clips of video, and even set up motion detection, without needing an external recorder. Compatible with cards up to 128GB (not included)
- Includes Power Cable Extension
- Also includes a 10-metre power extension cable to run mains power out to the bird box
- Stream online
- You can stream the camera online, with a bit of setup, to services such as YouTube to share the action with everyone!
What's in the Box?
- 1x Deluxe wooden bird box
- 1x WiFi bird box camera - 3rd Gen
- 1x UK mains power supply
- 1x 10-metre power extension cable
We have a decade of experience providing specialist cameras for watching birds and other wildlife. Now we can proudly say that we have partnered with Riverside Woodcraft - foremost manufacturers of handcrafted birdhouses - to provide our own birdhouses, specially designed for use with cameras. This kit pairs the larger, deluxe bird box with our market-leading WiFi bird box camera. It includes everything you need to get the box installed, and the camera up and running on your phone or tablet.
The box is handmade from sturdy 21mm thick wood, significantly thicker than most other boxes on the market. Purpose designed for use with our cameras, it features a central mounting point, as well as air vents through which you can run the power cable. The front of the box is removable, both allowing easy installation of the camera, and use by species such Robins that prefer an open-fronted nest. Importantly, it's made from FSC Mix certified timber from sustainable sources.
The camera is our flagship model, connecting to your home's WiFi network to let you view from anywhere using an Android or iOS device. The digital sensor records pin-sharp video in HD resolution, with true-to-life colour in daylight. When light levels are low, it uses invisible IR LEDs to keep recording without any glow that could distract the chicks. The camera has a MicroSD card slot, letting you easily record footage - and even set up motion detection - without needing to connect it to an external recorder. The only connection the camera needs is to mains power, using the included power extension cable.
Please note that the camera operates on 2.4 GHz WiFi networks only.
The camera records in clear colour during the day, provided there is enough light in the box. In the dark, the built-in infrared lamps will automatically record in black and white Night Vision mode. If you want to get extra daytime light for more clarity, you can mount a daylight LED lamp inside the box. It’s much better than making a hole or window in the habitat as that could expose the wee critters too much and can cause overheating. One daytime LED lamp will be more than enough to provide sufficient natural lighting so you can see full, colourful detail of the baby birds’ growing feathers or the spikes of your huddled hedgehogs. It will only light up during the day.
Please note: make sure everything is set up before the animals have started nesting - disturbing the nest is illegal as it can cause nest abandonment.
Imaging Chip: 1/3" CMOS
Pixels: 1920x1080 (2.0MP)
Sensitivity: 0.5 Lux (IR Off), 0 Lux (IR On)
Main Stream Frame Rates: 1920x1080, 1280x720 @ 25fps
Sub Stream Frame Rate: 4CIF @ 25fps
Video Compression: H.264
3D DNR: Yes
Lens: 2.8mm F/1.4
Field of View: 103°
Day & Night: Auto ICR
Audio Input: Built-in Mic
Audio Compression: G.711
Night Vision Range: <1m
LEDs: 4x high efficiency 940nm
Protocols: HTTP, TCP/IP, ARP, RTSP, RTP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, DHCP, DNS, DDNS, PPPOE, UPNP, NTP, 802.1x
Wireless: IEEE 802.11b/g/n, 2.4 GHz
Power Input: 12V DC
Power Consumption: 6W (Max)
Operational Temperature: -20°c to +55°c
Operational Humidity: 10-80%
Please note that this camera is not waterproof.
Wood Thickness: 21mm
Entrance Hole: 32mm
Dimensions: 470 x 250 x 190mm