0117 325 2470
Expert Guide: Setting up a mobile access wireless CCTV kit
The ability to view your CCTV on a smartphone or tablet is now one of the first features people ask for when searching for a new security system. It’s easy to see why- the ability to check in on your property or home no matter where you are simply provides great peace of mind. Quite often however, some of these systems can be rather daunting to get up and running, involving in depth setting changes on your router or network. Luckily, our simple to install digital wireless kit has been designed to be as easy as possible to get up and running. To show you how, we have put together this quick guide on how to set up Mobile Access Wireless CCTV for your home or office.
- Before the mobile access can be configured, make sure at least one camera is up and running and displayed on the monitor. This will let you see if the video is streaming correctly once you have it connected. Make sure the camera and receiver and both connected to their power supplies, and the two devices are securely paired together. The product manual has full instructions on how to do this if you are unsure. The footage from the camera should now be live on the receiver’s 7″ monitor.
- Plug the USB network adapter into the side of the receiver, then connect this with a standard ethernet cable to your internet router.
- To check your system has successfully connected to your network, go into the receiver’s menu screen and select “System” > “Network” > “Network Information”. If this displays a Device ID, a black and white square QR code, and the message “Network Ready”, then you are good to go for the next step!
- Make sure you have the free mobile viewing app installed on your device. The correct apps to use are “GoStreaming” for Android devices, and “GoCam4Ch” for iOS.
- To configure the app, first open it on your smartphone and name the device you want to set up, for example “home” or “office”. Next, use the built in QR code scanner to scan the black and white hatched square in the receiver’s screen. This should automatically link the device to your phone. If this is not possible, you can also manually enter in the unique “Device ID”.
- Once this is connected, just tap “play” button in the center of the screen to start the live feed from your cameras!
- One quick tip to mention that often comes up- If you have left the receiver displaying it’s menu screen, then the mobile app will not be able to pick up the cameras. The cameras themselves have to be visible on the screen for this to work.
That’s all there is to it! Of course, little problems can always arise, so if there is anything you are unsure about you can always give our tech team a call and they can guide you through the process.