Green Feathers Bird Box Stainless Steel Cover Plate
- Protect Your Bird Box Entrance
- This protective steel plate provides a strong seal around the entrance to prevent predators such as woodpeckers from gaining entrance and harming the nesting birds.
- Choose Which Birds Occupy Your Bird Box
- These plates are now available with entrance holes 25mm, 28mm and 32mm in diameter. This plate, with a hole diameter of 25mm, is best if you want to house and protect small birds such as blue tits, coal tits and marsh tits.
- Strong Build Quality
- Made from stainless steel, these plates are guaranteed years of use.
- Easy Mounting
- Simply attach the plate to your bird nesting box using the screws provided. You can also easily switch to a different size plate, should you want to hear some different tweets in your garden next time, though bear in mind, some birds like to return to their previous nest.
What's in the box?
- 1x Cover plate
- 4x Screws
Want to make sure you attract a certain bird to your nest box?
Besides taking measures like hanging the box in a south-facing position and at the right height, it's also important to consider the size of the house's entrance hole; it plays a huge part in a bird's decision to make a home there or not.
We can categorise different birds of a feather, each group with a specific preference for their own little hobbit door size:
- Small birds such as blue, coal, and marsh tits: 25mm
- Great tits and tree sparrows: 28mm
- Large variety including house sparrows, nuthatches, and woodpeckers: 32mm
If you have your heart set on housing and protecting a specific feathered family of small birds, order this matching 25mm entrance plate now, so the home is ready to go before new baby mamas arrive.
Material: High-grade Stainless Steel
Dimensions: 75mm x 75mm (corner to corner) 55mm x 55mm (square)
Hole size: 25mm/28mm/32mm