Green Feathers Bird Box Stainless Steel Cover Plates
Want to make sure you attract a certain bird to your nest box? Besides taking measures like hanging the box in a north-facing position and at the right height, it’s also important to consider the size of the house’s entrance hole.
- Protect Your Bird Box Entrance
- These protective steel plates provide a strong seal around the entrance to prevent predators such as woodpeckers from gaining entrance and harming the nesting birds.
- Choose Which Birds Occupy Your Bird Box
- These plates have holes 25mm, 28mm and 32mm in diameter.
- Strong Build Quality
- Made from stainless steel, these plates are guaranteed years of use.
- Easy Mounting
- Simply attach the plate to your bird nesting box using the screws provided. You can also easily switch to a different size plate, should you want to hear some different tweets in your garden next time, though bear in mind, some birds like to return to their previous nest.
What's in the box?
- 3x Cover plate
- Fixing screws
Want to make sure you attract a certain bird to your nest box?
Besides taking measures like hanging the box in a north-facing position and at the right height, it's also important to consider the size of the house's entrance hole; it plays a huge part in a bird's decision to make a home there or not.
We can categorise different birds of a feather, each group with a specific preference for their own little hobbit door size:
- Small birds such as blue, coal, and marsh tits: 25mm
- Great tits and tree sparrows: 28mm
- Large variety including house sparrows, nuthatches, and woodpeckers: 32mm
If you have your heart set on housing and protecting a specific feathered family of small birds, order our set of entrance plates today, so the bird box is ready to go before new baby mamas arrive.
Material: High-grade Stainless Steel
Dimensions: 50mm x 74mm
Hole size: 25mm/28mm/32mm