- Specially Designed Wireless Bird Box Camera
- This camera has been built from the ground up, specifically to capture happenings inside bird boxes and other types of wildlife habitats
- Robust 700 TV Line Video
- Our improved imaging sensor records footage at the highest resolution of any wireless bird box camera on the market, so you can see the details on the feathers or the sparkle in the birds' eyes
- Up to 30m Wireless Range
- Install the camera in your garden and use the included receiver to pick up video without the need for extra video cables. Just connect the camera to a power source (via 1 cable) and you're ready to go! Please note that solid obstructions such as walls, trees and windows will significantly reduce range
- Wireless Channel Selector
- Physical switches allow you to change which wireless channel the camera broadcasts on. This lets you quickly adjust your system if you encounter any signal interference
- Wide-Angle Lens
- Designed for use in enclosed spaces, the camera features a 2.8mm lens. This gives a huge field-of-view and helps ensure you get the entire inside of the box in the frame.
- Night Vision
- Invisible infrared 'No-Glow' LEDs provide night vision without giving off a red glow that might otherwise disturb the birds.
- Compact Size
- The camera is small enough to fit into almost any garden bird box!
- Easy to Watch
- To view live footage, simply connect the receiver to a TV or monitor using the included cable. This gives you a simple way to watch wildlife in the comfort of your living room.
- Adjustable Focus
- The lens can be manually focussed, allowing you to fine-tune the picture.
What's in the box?
- 1x Wireless Bird Box Camera
- 1x UK power supply for camera (3 metres of cable)
- 1x Wireless receiver with antenna
- 1x UK power supply for receiver
- 1x 1m RCA video cable
- Setup instructions
- Gift box
Measuring just 42 x 35 x 35mm, this wee wireless bird box camera screws neatly inside a nest box without disturbing the birds nesting inside. The camera can connect wirelessly to the receiver which can be connected to a TV or a recorder up to 30m away (significantly reduced when going through obstructions such as walls or thick bushes), making it convenient for you to enjoy the nesting birds from the comfort of your home.
The camera may be small, but it boasts some impressive features including 700TVL high image quality so you can see every feather and the sparkle in the birds' eyes, much more detail than most nest box cameras available on the market. This bird box camera offers focus from just a few inches away up to 10 meters, enabling you to get the best pictures no matter how far the bird is away from the lens. The lens is a wide-angle 2.8mm lens to give you full coverage of inside the nest box so you can see the entrance hole and the bottom of the bird box. This way you won't miss any of the eggciting action as your garden birds go about their busy business.
Night vision is provided by 6 invisible infrared LEDs on the front of the camera and are just right for seeing in a small space in dark conditions. As the LEDs produce invisible light they do not disturb the birds. This way you can get footage round-the-clock of your nesting birds, and the babas can have a peaceful sleep when it's bedtime. If you use a recorder you can even play your footage back at a later time.
This wireless bird box camera is available in 1 of 4 channels so you can add more cameras to your system at a later date as you add more nest boxes to your garden. Chances are you'll swiftly be adding more cameras once you get hooked on having your very own Springwatch at home.
- Does not come with a microphone/audio option
- Camera records in colour during the day, provided there is enough light in the box (a daylight LED lamp can be installed to provide sufficient lighting during the day, do make sure everything is set up BEFORE the animals have started nesting - disturbing the nest can cause nest abandonment!). Night vision recordings will be in black and white
- This camera boasts wireless connection and offers the option of a rechargeable battery (up to 20 hours recording time), but generally does use a cable to connect to the mains for power supply.
- Imaging Sensor
- 1/3 inch OMNIVISION colour CMOS
- Horizontal Resolution
- 700 TV lines
- CMOS Total Pixels
- 628 x 582 (PAL) / 510 x 492 (NTSC)
- Scanning Frequency(H)
- 15.625kHz 15.734kHz
- Scanning Frequency(V)
- 50Hz 60Hz
- Angular Field of View
- 110 degree (f=2.8mm)
- Minimum Illumination
- 3.0Lux (F1.2)/ 0Lux (IR LED on)
- Infrared LED
- 6EA Invisible IR LED 940nm
- Consumption Current
- 150 mA
- Wireless Frequency
- ISM 2.414 - 2.468GHz
- Wireless Range
- Up to 30m (unobstructed)
- Transmission Power
- Gain Control
- Modulation Mode
- DC 8V 500mA
- Operating Temperature
- -10°C ~ +40°C
- Operating Humidity
- Dimension (WxLxH)
- ISM 2414 - 2468MHz 4 Channel
- Omni-directional antenna
- 1-4 (Flip-type switch)
- Intermediate Frequency
- Frequency Stabilization
- +/- 100kHz
- Demodulation Mode
- Receiving Sensitivity
- Video Output
- 1Vp-p@75 ohm S/N>38dB
- DC 12V 500mA
- Operating Temperature
- -10°C to +40°C
- Operating Humidity
- Dimension (WxLxH)
Please note that this camera is not waterproof.
Certificate of Conformity
Firstly I have to say that this camera is amazing. I was bought it for my birthday, July 2018. I set it up in the bird box last year, but didnâ€™t have any birds. This year birds are far more interested and a pair of blue tits have started to strip the wood from the inside of the box. Fascinating to watch. BUT This morning, as I watched, they flew up to the camera and disappeared behind it. Then the monitor screen went blue... Iâ€™ve checked inside, and theyâ€™ve stripped the cable to the camera, and itâ€™s now in two halves. Really gutted, and not sure if itâ€™s repairable.
Great company to do business with, very helpful support and prompt delivery. I started with one of these cameras, had some problems with interference but persevered (the worst was a huge WiFi burst from our Wii on standby!) and got decent results after much fiddling with aerial and transmitter positioning. Then I wanted another so I could spy on the binmen abusing the bins , and was able to specify a camera on a different channel. Unfortunately despite each channel on this camera system taking up a quarter of the entire 2.4GHz band, adjacent camera channels in my case 1
not used outside yet waiting for the spring when i have three different species of birds nesting in the roof of my well
fantastic quality camera for our hedgehog house and the service from the tech guys is absoluetely brilliant,even explaining to an oap like myself,they give every detail you need to know and explain it in such a way even i find so easy to understand. many thanks again for fantastic quality and service.
Bought this camera with a box full of blue tits
This camera is the second one I have purchased. The first was from RSBP. As expected it is an excellent product for the price. I would recommend this company if you want to invest in a product of this kind.
Delivered quickly and easy to set up. The wireless system works well and provides a good picture, so we're just waiting for our first bird-box occupants. A good and well-priced bird-cam, backed by excellent service.
Picture was clear but since the Great tits have started building their nest we have a lot of interference with flickering
Excellent camera, now fitted in Blue Tit nest box. Very easy to set up and is working over a range of 20 meters. Fast delivery and no problems.
Don't want prying eyes checking your delivery consignment? We use discreet packaging on all orders.
Don't know where to start? We have all the help and advice you need in our Buyer's Guide.
We are proud to partner with Hikvision, the world’s largest CCTV manufacturer, which means we can offer the latest equipment at the best prices.